BLAST OFF, ages 13 - 18
As children transition into adolescence their developmental status becomes increasingly important in further advancing overall development and athletic potential. Experts view ages 13-18 as the most most ideal ages for developing speed, strength and power over an athletes entire lifetime. In the BLAST OFF stage programming is broken down into 3 individual focus sessions.
• Linear Speed - Straight ahead acceleration and maximum velocity techniques.
• Change of Direction - The ability to accelerate, decelerate, stop and reaccelerate in any direction without losing balance.
• Overall Conditioning - In this phase we will incorporate linear speed, change of direction and strength modalities in a fun and innovative way that will help overall fitness and cardiovascular strength.
The BLAST OFF phase is broken down into two groups, BLAST OFF I for ages 13-15 and BLAST OFF II for ages 16-18. This phase focuses on the techniques used in speed, agility and strength to maximize improvements in athletic performance. Regardless of the age group, the focus for the athlete in this program is developing from a good athlete to a great one! The proven benefits of this phase are:
• Increase speed
• Increase strength/power
• Improve change of direction
• Develop endurance
• Maximize jumping ability
• Decrease susceptibility to injury
• Boost confidence
• Build mental toughness